Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year! (And Gulf Coast Snow)


Yesterday hubby & I celebrated our anniversary! We went out for a nice quiet dinner after he came home from working hard all day. Then we came home & he hooked up the plumbing to our kitchen sink because...the day after Christmas, while Ari and I were battling traffic in an attempt to go to the mall (WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!), and had just pulled into a (rare) parking spot, we got a call that went little something like this: "while you were out 'leisurely' driving to the mall (???-*#@*!!! Yes, I did preceed this by saying we just celebrated our anniversary AFTER this transpired. Christmas miracle? Maybe... ;-)), the kitchen sink caved in...". Well, all's well that ends well. The sink got fixed Monday evening.
AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO MUCH COOKING FOR A FEW DAYS!!!
(Kind of soothed my frazzled nerves that resulted from my "leisurely" day at the mall AND the "leisurely" comment.)


Here's a few photos of the snow when we got back from our trip to visit family (in Loozy-ana y'all):



My car


A couple of views of the backyard. Those hibiscus flowers must be in shock!

The patio furniture. Notice the citrus trees in the background. I think they survived.


"The Survivor". My lonely little winter tomato plant with a tomato hanging on for dear life.
The view from our front door and the front yard.

I just wanted to add that while sitting, listening to a couple of family members singing Christmas songs ala duet during our Christmas dinner visit in LA, my heart swelled with pride to know I was blessed enough to be a part of my family. That heart swelling thing happens often while gazing at family members...I'm such a marshmallow inside. All covered in a cool, crispy, crunchy porcupine-y shell :).

No comments: