Monday, June 24, 2019

Daddy's Favorite Cake~


This is how I made the devil's food cake for my husband (Pawpaw as our grandson calls him) for Father's day weekend.  It's very simple and I like to post the recipes I make so that my children and grandchildren can refer back to this blog in the future for any of their favorite recipes and kitchen tips.  If anyone else reading my little blog gets anything useful out of the things I post, well...that's a bonus.

Daddy's Favorite Cake

you will need:
•1 boxed devil's food cake mix (I used one from Aldi but feel free to use your favorite)
•1/4 cup of real mayonnaise  (again I used an Aldi product, but use your favorite)

Prepare the cake according to the directions on the box, blending in the mayonnaise. 
(tip:  I used cold, strong coffee in place of the water that the directions called for on the box)

Bake according to the directions on the cake mix box. 

When the cake is completely cool, add the cream cheese frosting




Cream Cheese Frosting 

you will need:
•8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature 
•1 stick (8 ounces) butter
•1 pound confectioners sugar, sifted
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

Blend the cream cheese and the butter with an electric until well blended and fluffy.  Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.  Combine well with the mixer on low speed.  If frosting is too soft, it may be refrigerated for 10-15 minutes to firm up slightly before using.

If you make this cake, I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for stopping by! ~TJ



No comments: