Monday, March 30, 2020

The Great TP Depression of 2020


image credit: utah transplant blog
What will the history books have to say about our mad dash scramble to locate and obtain a measly roll of toilet paper here in the enlightened age and year of 2020?

In the midst of the authorities telling us to stay home to slow the spread of coronavirus / covid-19, we've got people out grocery store hopping, trying to find a roll of toilet paper. Now, how is that working for us?

Word on the social media streets is, if I want to even begin to hope to find a package of toilet paper (and even then there's no guarantee), I will need to get up before the crack of dawn and go stand in line, waiting to get in a grocery store, on the off chance that the one person in line before me hasn't cleared the shelves already. No thanks. Mama don't get up before the sun.

Our fellow man (and woman) is really showing their true colors. And this is only toilet paper we are talking about right now.

Sure, other staples and necessities are few and far between on the store shelves but...toilet paper?! Those hoarders must know something the rest of us good folk don't know.

Anyhoo...curiosity got the best of me at the beginning of all the tp hubbub and so I looked up some toilet paper facts and history. So, to lighten the mood, and for your reading pleasure, I will now share it with you. Unfortunately, you won't be able to crumble this post up when you're done reading it to use it for tp...sorry 'bout that.

Interesting toilet paper history, funnily enough, even though I was alive in 1973, I  don't remember a toilet paper shortage.

A few "what did people use before the invention of toilet paper?" fun facts .

Stay well my friends and thanks  for stopping  by! ~TJ

No comments: