Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Knead Bread?

Knead (need ;~D) bread and not finding it on store shelves? This is the basic bread recipe I've been useing lately. All you need is yeast, flour, water, oil & salt. And confidence in your basic can-do American spirit.

My cheats? I put it all in my food processor bowl (but have done it without) layering warm water, yeast, oil & sugar/honey, flour then salt, in that order. I don't bother with the cornmeal. I don't slash the top. I normally bake it in a loaf pan but go freeform & herb-y sometimes (have fun!). If I'm feelin' fanschy, I paint the tops with some beaten egg (and save the leftover egg to throw in with the next breakfast of scrambled eggs.)

You can do it!

If you have any questions just ask & I'll try to help.

Happy baking!

And as always, thanks for stopping by! ~TJ

No comments: