Sunday, July 24, 2022

A Peek Into Last Week (July 16-22)~

 Another little peek into this past week for us...

In the garden~ I'm still enjoying the beauty of these golden dahlias!


I harvested a big bunch of sweet potato leaves (enough to fill two and a half gallon zipper freezer bags). The vines are growing so rapidly and abundantly, me thinks I will have more than plenty to get us through the winter.


Errands~ At least once weekly I head out to gather the things we need. This week: groceries, the post office and prescription pickup. It's nice to be able to get out for the short time I am able, as I can't leave hubby alone at home too long on his own.


What I'm cooking, baking & eating~ After spending time outside in the garden and running errands in the brutal heat and humidity, I've been enjoying some of my own home brew. Homemade cold brew coffee that is. Slightly sweet, creamy & over ice is enough to cool me down while feeling indulgent.


over night oats in the fridge 



A few other down home delicacies😉we've had this week: pancakes, cream of wheat with cinnamon raisin toast, hot oatmeal with cinnamon toast, egg and cheese sandwiches, overnight oats, smoothies, burgers (cheese and beef for hubby, bean & mushroom for me), pizza pasta bake.

Homekeeping~ Most days have a gentle rhythm to them where housekeeping is concerned. I  loosely follow a schedule that gets things done in a decently timely manner, but I've made peace with not sweatin' the small stuff~life has its own way of doing a good enough job in that area at times. Things get done without me pressuring or stressing myself out (too much).

This week, as I was changing the bedding on hubby's bed, Galahad decided to help, as he often does. And then...he couldn't resist climbing under the sheets for a quick cat nap. Mommy can finish making this bed later.💤




Highlight of the week~
Although, like last week, we had a nice afternoon rain shower one day, this week had a highlight that Dollface (my mini doxie) and I always enjoy. While dropping off an Avon order to one of my clients, we couldn't resist stopping by a favorite park near her home. Because it was so terribly hot, we only strolled around a few minutes. It was long enough for me to spy out the Little Free Library and how far it has come from when they first installed it. From plain & undecorated and only a couple of books, to now colorful and bursting at the seams with reading material!


another delightful surprise hidden in a tree on a different day at the park

May your week be gorgeously abundant with ALL good things! 
I would love to hear about it! 


dried and saved flowers from bouquets


Thanks for stopping by!~TJ 












No comments: