Sunday, July 31, 2022

A Peek Into Last Week (July 23-29)~

I had the curtains open all last week to let the sunlight in so, if you happened to be passing by and caught a glance in our windows, you may have seen a bit of this and that...

Homekeeping~ In addition to the usual suspects of daily chores, this weeks focus was the office, desk and paperwork. I was successful in clearing off the top of our filing cabinet (that had been more of a "piling cabinet") and shredding a three inch stack of business papers dating back to 2016(!) that were no longer needed. 

I also spent some time copying and transferring recipes from my phone and tablet bookmarks, that we've tried and want to make again, into my recipe binder.

In the garden~ I planted out a Roma tomato plant that was grown from seed and harvested more sweet potato leaves.

What I'm cooking, baking & eating~

Pancakes and over easy eggs, oatmeal with cinnamon raisin toast, scrambled eggs and toast, fruit & veggie smoothies, French toast, chocolate "nice cream" (frozen bananas, chocolate almond milk and a bit of Swerve sweetener blended until smooth), banana bread, "French" cobbler, lemon cooler cookies (you wouldn't know we have a sweet tooth would you?😋), fresh cherries, Chana masala served over rice, tuna pasta salad, bean burritos with blender salsa, mac and cheese, cucumber salad with homemade Italian dressing, pulled pork burritos. 

What I'm watching/reading~

"Janina Duszejko, an elderly woman, lives alone in the Klodzko Valley where a series of mysterious crimes are committed. Duszejko is convinced that she knows who or what is the murderer, but nobody believes her." (movie summary taken from imdb)

It was an interesting and enjoyable movie!
the books I've been pursuing lately
I like to read several books at once at any given time. I mostly read nonfiction but will occasionally get caught up in a good fiction read. I hardly ever read the latest and "greatest" books that are out since most of my books are found on my treasure hunts at thrift stores.

Create~ I spent a few minutes a couple of days this past week prepping pages in my traveler's notebooks. I love the calming outlet this provides for me but don't always make the time for it. I have begun to put it on my to do list so I don't get too busy and overlook this small gesture that feeds my spirit so greatly. 
Highlight of the week~ Another good rainstorm!
And watching Galahad give Dollface a bath, lol!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this peek into our week, and that maybe something you read here gave you an idea or inspiration to put on your to-do list for your upcoming week.~TJ 




No comments: