Sunday, August 7, 2022

A Peek Into Last Week (July 30-August 5)~


Errands~ It's been a busy week for me! Usually the most I get out is to buy groceries. This week I had to take care of that, plus a few more thingsDr appointment, groceries, pharmacy, vet grooming appointment, orthodontist appointment.


What I'm cooking, baking and eating~

white and cinnamon raisin breads

oatmeal coconut cookies 

breakfast burritos, fried egg sandwich using a lone leftover hamburger bun (one of hubby's favorites. He's the breakfast eater, I don't eat my first meal until later in the day. I have never been  much of a breakfast eater,  I guess I was an "intermittent faster" before it was cool, lol.), fruit and veggie smoothies, oatmeal coconut cookies, "wacky" cake, black bean dip and tortilla chips, chicken and broccoli fettuccine (using thin spaghetti noodles, as that is what we had on hand-I freeze pasta when I buy it in bulk on sale, and jarred Alfredo sauce I bought on sale this past week at Kroger.), cinnamon raisin and white bread.
mix in baking pan Wacky Cake

pouring on the fudgy icing 

finished Wacky Cake! 

What I'm watching/reading~I'm still reading the same books as I was last week, as I only read a few minutes here and there when I can squeeze it in between all the other things I like and must do.

I've just begun a new Norwegian series on Netflix- The girl from Oslo. I haven't watched enough yet to form an opinion but I do enjoy seeing the different decor and layouts of homes in those areas (actually, I have always found that I will sometimes watch a movie or show soley based on the decor or scenery. Does that make me odd?๐Ÿ™ƒ)

Homekeeping~ Along with the daily chores of laundry, dishes and whatever else needs to be kept on top of, this week's focus was the laundry room and storage area (which in my case, could mean the garage or my craft/sewing/office room ๐Ÿ˜Ž)

I braved *wink* the heat and went out and swept a portion of the garage that has been in sore need of it. I usually only spend 5-10 minutes at a time doing chores outside during the summer months Heat and I are NOT friends. I also spent some time decluttering a few things out there. Even though hubby has been unable to spend any time in the garage doing anything for years, I am careful to not throw out any of his things without his "ok". 

In the laundry room, I wiped down and reorganized the messiest shelf. I was able to declutter several unused items that had been covertly taking up space (you know, those things that become part of the landscape and manage to hide in plain sight?). 

Garden~ I planted out four more seedling tomato plants (2 Roma and two Jellybean). I harvested some Swiss chard and sowed some cucumber seeds.

Highlight~ More rain! Rain is ALWAYS a highlight for me.

can you hear the rain?!♡

Annnd...my orthodontist only charged me half price to repair my permanent retainer that had come loose. Plus, she squeezed me in three weeks earlier than the first appointment she noticed available, I just had to come in super early, before their business-as-usual day started. WOW! Thank you Lord!

It is my sincere wish that something you read when you visit here gives you an idea or inspiration that you can use! And as always, thanks for stopping by!~TJ

No comments: