Thursday, August 18, 2022

Ginger Shots~

I'm always highly intrigued by the specialty beverage section in our local supermarkets and equally as taken aback by the prices for them. On my recent shopping trips, I've noticed teeny tiny little bottles of ginger shots costing two dollars and more. Each.


And, as one does (okay...me. As I'm prone to do), I began to research ginger shot benefits and decided I would like to try them. (Another article on the benefits of ginger shots is here.)

 I found lots of diy versions online but many of the recipes I ran across called for a juicer. Well, I don't have a juicer, nor am I in the position to buy one. So, what's a juicer-less girl to do? Just as I was beginning to give up on the idea of making them for myself-hip hip hooray!-I ran across this blender ginger shot recipe!

The ingredients were easy to locate at my supermarket (I found all mine at Walmart) and the process was fairly straightforward. And...OH BOY, what an eye opening way to start the day! Whoooooh! 

I doubled the recipe, kept it all in a glass canning jar to pour my daily "shots" from and then saved and froze all the ginger-cayenne "goodies" (fibers) that were filtered out to add to smoothies at some point. #wastenotwantnot




bts: fresh ginger, lemons, Zatarain's Cayenne Pepper and C2O Pure Coconut Water

Since it was easy to make (you don't even have to peel the ginger!), and the ingredients were inexpensive enough to justify adding to our grocery budget, I think this will be a good little addition to my immune boosting repertoir! (I say "my" because, as much as I would love to get hubby on some of my healthy kicks, he just isn't having any of it. He likes his "little boy food" (if a toddler would love it, so does, he, lol) thank you very much.

Have you tried ginger shots? I would love to know what your experience is/was with them. Do you buy them or make them yourself? Do you have a favorite recipe or two (easy and blender-able preferred 😁) you wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks for stopping by for a ginger shot! ~Tj

No comments: