Sunday, August 14, 2022

A Peek Into Last Week (August 6-12) The Daily Edition~

 


I thought it would be fun to change up my APILW post by taking the week day by day. Sooo...let's get started shall we? 

Saturday~ ๐Ÿ˜ช 

Well, I know how to start things off with a bang, don't I, lol? I observe Saturday as the Sabbath. I don't do any work on Saturday. Mostly, I spend time relaxing, enjoying my family, listening to music, playing in my journals/traveler's notebooks and reading or listening to inspirational messages or sermons. It's a day for me to recharge and refresh. Ahhhh~~~

nums~We had baked lemon garlic chicken for dinner (I followed the recipe for the ingredients, marinated the chicken in everything in a Ziploc bag, except the butter-which I added right before baking by putting it as pats on top of each piece of chicken - dumped it all in the baking pan, arranged the chicken pieces & baked at 375°F for an hour and a half) served over rice.

Note: I'm not listing breakfasts in this post or most snacks as they tend to be repetitive and on replay week after week.

Sunday~ ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ›€

I try to do the things on Sunday that I like to call, "take time to make time". To pamper my houseplants and me.

take time to make time...for yourself 

Now, Sundays aren't allll about lazing about & eating bonbons! I also like to take the time to inventory our fridge, freezer and pantry to dream up meals and goodies I can make for the upcoming week. I also review the upcoming week on the calendar, so that I am prepared for any appointments or other necessary things that need to be tended to. And then there is laundry to catch up on. And to round it all out, it's our unofficial popcorn๐Ÿฟ day which came about because hubby loves to have popcorn while watching football (or any sport).

nums~ Today I cooked up a pound of pinto beans in the multi-cooker to have on hand for my latest noshy obsession:  bean dips. (Oh...and for other dishes too ☺️.) We ate leftovers for dinner.

Monday~

My homekeeping focus this week is the kitchen. I spend 15-30 minutes each day doing a little "extra" in the cleaning, decluttering and organizing departments. Today I moved the easily movable things (Sparkletts water cooler, microwave cart, recycling bins. etc.) and swept and mopped behind them. 

“The humblest tasks get beautified if loving hands do them.”



~Louisa May Alcott, Little Women 


I have been enamored with Tasha Tudor and her lifestyle for quite some time now. As I was flitting about in my apron today, happily tending to hearth, home and garden, I thought of these two favorites that I like to watch (on Tubi) from time to time. So, at the end of the day, that's just what I did!

They give me the warm fuzzies and I feel all cozy inside when I watch them. I can pretend I'm in the cool lushness of New England instead of the sweltering swampland of my area, lol.


.

nums~ Hubby and I had a simple dinner of black bean dip and tortilla chips and The Midnight Baker (me! ๐Ÿ™‹‍♀️) made Chewy Sugar Cookies right around...you guessed it, midnight! 

(I am, by nature and bad sleeping pattern habits, a night owl and do many things that need to be done in the evening. It's cooler and I just have more energy then. I COME ALIVE at night! ๐Ÿง›‍♀️๐Ÿ˜‰. Thus, The Midnight Baker was born.)

Tuesday~

Homekeeping kitchen focus~ washed kitchen rugs 

Garden~ I harvested and froze more sweet potato leaves. (I can't keep up!)

nums~ leftovers of lemon garlic chicken served over rice 

Wednesday~

Homekeeping kitchen focus~ Washed out trash and recycle bins. I wiped down our stand up grill (which I consider to be a part of the kitchen).

Garden~ I sowed chamomile, tarragon and carrots seeds. I cleaned and refilled the birdbath.

We had some wonderful rain showers. 


nums~ pinto bean dip and tortilla chips (I have converted hubby. He's lovin' these simple app style suppers! We find they are just enough in the heat of the summer. The pasta dish was too spicy for him๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘‰), garlic and chili pasta.

I made a new batch of vanilla extract. I go through a lot of it baking and just broke out my last bottle. I may have to resort to buying it from the store before it will be ready. The cost of procrastination...le sigh~๐Ÿ™„

I trimmed my bangs.

Thursday~

Homekeeping kitchen focus~ I cleaned the window panes inside and out on our kitchen door leading outside

I picked up (some of) our groceries at Walmart.

nums~ I started a new batch of kombucha. I look forward to trying the finished product! I used to regularly make my own, as I enjoy the healthy benefits, but find the cost of store bought to be prohibitively expensive for our budget.

Friday~

My DD and I went together to a couple of nearby grocery stores and I shopped the sale items I needed to fill in some "holes" in our freezer, fridge and pantry. 

For the homekeeping kitchen focus, I cleaned out the large freezer drawer, tossing a few things that were freezer burned and beyond edible. It strengthened my resolve, once again, to be more diligent in utilizing the food that we spend our very limited and hard earned money on.

nums~ leftovers 

Highlight~

Spending time with my daughter. ๐Ÿ’• 


I hope you had as much fun with this new, experimental, APILW format as I did. As always, thanks for stopping by! ~TJ 


No comments: