Sunday, August 28, 2022

A Peek Into Last Week (August 20-26)~

endeavor:

authentic•oldfashionedvalues•lowtech•slowliving

~livingsimply~

It was one of those weeks around here. We all have them. Nothing major, just enough wrenches being tossed into gears to throw me off balance a bit. A leak in the laundry room that had to be sorted out. Sir Galahad our kitty had to be taken to the vet for some skin issues (and I am, and always have been what some would call a "nervous mother", even with my fur babies). The truck window decided it would not roll back up again. Ya know, life stuff. I know it could always be worse. So, I did what I could around here despite feeling wayyy off kilter, and let the loose ends fall where they may. They will still be there when I can get to them.

And even during those days and weeks when I'm feeling a bit jostled...

"There's nothing half so pleasant as coming home again."

~ Margaret Elizabeth Sangster

Errands ~

On my way to the pharmacy and grocery store where I only picked up a few sale items.

What I'm cooking, baking and eating (besides the usual) ~

Italian herbed baked chicken (that we had for several meals) to go with sauteed cabbage or pan fried green beans (different nights), Toll House cookie bars, banana bread snack cake, tuna salad (that we had with crackers), devil's food bundt cake, a loaf of white bread, easy blender salsa (I'm more than happy to make a meal of chips & salsa!)

I made, and will freeze in ice cube trays, our Dollface's food. I only have to do this every two or three weeks.

Homekeeping ~ 

This past week's focus was the bathrooms. There are two and a half that I need to tend to, the other is our daughter's responsibility. 

In addition to the usual cleaning, I focused on decluttering the powder room cabinet and it is practically empty now. Only a couple of rolls of backup tp. It was so packed at one point, I would squint my eyes when I opened the doors to the cabinet, as I never knew if things would come tumbling out!

In the upstairs bathroom, I dove in under the sink, wiped it down and tidied it up.

Garden ~ 

a tiny bud from "rose" readying to unfurl

I am experimenting with propogating my old girl "Rose" (🤭) by ground layering a couple of stems. Fingers crossed in hopes they take off. I would love to be able to plant her babies in our front garden beds. She has been a faithful bloomer for close to twenty years now and was one of the first plants we brought home after we moved here. She was a lone rosebush with no tags or markings so I don't know her origin. It was her pretty pink bursts of blooms and wildly intoxicating scent (interestingly, not everyone can smell it like hubby and I can🤔) that won me over.

I harvested a bit more swiss chard annnd...I know you're tired of hearing about the growing-in-overdrive sweet potato leaves, so I won't mention them again until they die off.😆 (But I am still squirreling them away for the winter as fast as I can!)

What I'm watching/reading ~

This past week I was feeling a bit nostalgic and watched Baby Boom with Diane Keaton. That movie always reminds me of around the time my middle child was born. 💕

I also watched Edie on Hulu. I can relate to the character of Edie in several ways, and found myself boohooing😥 within the first few minutes of the movie.

Two great movies that I would watch again and again!

Highlight ~

L👀K  what arrived from my from my Amazon Wish List

I am so excited to use it to continue my watercolor adventures!

You MADE. MY. DAY! 🥰 (Yes LOTS of exclamation marks but that's just how excited I am. 😊) Thank you.

Now, that the week's end is here, I shall resume sipping tea and reading other's blogs. Won't you join me?


Thanks for stopping by! ~TJ 


No comments: