Thursday, September 1, 2022

Why I Share "Me" and My Life~

endeavor:

authentic•oldfashioned•lowtech•slowliving

~livingsimply~

Is it that I think I'm so fascinating?  NO WAY! Honestly, compared to a lot of others, I'm probably quite boring. 

"While you can, DO."

~TJ @ TJ's Sweet Home 

After taking quite the sabbatical from posting however, and a recent wake up call with my health that reminded me that the clock is ticking, the oft refrained, "life is not a dress rehearsal" has new meaning. So, I'm gonna make more of an effort do what I enjoy, and this my dear friends, is one of them. 

I am a homebody that has been placed in a position of being a "homebody on steroids" (the pandemic quarantine was nothing new for us-"quarantine" or something like it, is and has been our normal daily life for a decade now) since my husband became homebound and I became his caregiver. There are no more vacations or even short road trips. Money has been whittled down to one fixed income that seems to shrink with each passing day. I'm not seeking sympathy, it just IS. Our reality, and what I called our NEW normal ten years ago, is now just our normal. So, I flit and flutter from one responsibility, project or interest to another, like a bee to so many flowers, to fill my days.

Like I said, nothing out of the ordinary to see here. But that's kind of the point of why I share. I get ideas and encouragement from peering into the "everyday days" of others by reading their blogs, watching their vlogs and taking in their Instagram posts. And in turn, hope that maybe something I do, or cook or write might be a spark for another. A spark of imagination, a spark of determination, a spark of hope and maybe even a spark that lights a giggle or two.

And then there's legacy. I would love to be able to read my grandmothers, great-grandmothers (and so on) recipes, daily musings and just the general overview of her daily life during her time. It would be nice to read or view my father's, and his father's thoughts, hopes, dreams and daily doings that they carried on their strong backs and shoulders and within the deep recesses of their minds on a regular basis throughout the years.



I'm fairly certain I wrote in some long forgotten post in the past that I considered this space to be a journal of sorts (only... open for the world to read🤯). Someday, my children and their children's children might be curious about that wild, wacky & nutty Mamaw of theirs, and they can come here if they care to. Maybe not. But it'll be there as long as the internet and Blogger hold up. If not, there's always my paper journals and beloved recipes, written in my hand.

"Yeeeeehawwww! Ride 'em Cow-Mamaw!"
~Mamaw (me) to Jesse, my grandson. when driving over a particularly big bump in the road


So...that's why I share. Not to toot my own horn, but to offer up a buffet of bite-sized yummy moments of my life you may or may not choose to take away from this table of my life to add to your own.

Thanks for reading! ~TJ 

No comments: