Sunday, September 25, 2022

A Peek Into Last Week (September 17-23)~

endeavor:

authentic•oldfashionedvalues•lowtech•slowliving

~livingsimply~

 Well...Happy Fall y'all! I've been noticing an almost imperceptible change in the weather for a couple of weeks now. It's slightly less hot (I can't say cool yet) and slightly less humid. It's autumn in Texas, lol.

This past week has been the busiest I've had in a very lonnnnng time! This may be a very short and uneventful read since I was thrown off my usual scheduleand routines.

Errands ~

Hubby went to the ER Monday as his pain level was getting the best of him. I had a follow up appointment with my oral surgeon on Tuesday and a deep cleaning on Thursday. 

Somewhere in the mix of things there, I went to the grocery store and to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions and other OTC necessities. 

Homekeeping ~

The focus this week was the office, desk and paperwork. My special project was to clean out a couple of desk drawers and recycle some unnecessary papers. 

What I'm cooking, baking and eating (besides the usual) ~ 

tomato mozzarella salad 

I did big batch baking of chicken leg quarters (half with lemon pepper seasoning and half with Italian herbs and spices) and a second pan of hamburger patties seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning. I also made a crustless quiche and a tomato mozzarella salad. It made dinners easy for a busier than usual week.

What I'm watching/reading ~


I watched a movie, Father Stu, on Netflix. I don't know if I was having an emotionally hormonal day or if the movie really got to me that much but I'll just say, the tissue box was definitely on standby 😭. I  found it very touching.

IMDb says the movie, "Follows the life of Father Stuart Long, a boxer-turned-priest who inspired countless people during his journey from self-destruction to redemption.

It is based on the real life story of "Father Stu".

Highlight ~


This little guy had a birthday this past week! He is not so little anymore (he's taller than me!), and has grown into a fine young man that his Mamaw (me!🙋‍♀️) is extremely proud of. Here's to many, MANY more birthdays for this handsome fella!

And...not quite as major as a grandsons birthday, but a highlight for me just the same, is these two snuggling up next to each other...


I hope you had a wonderful week, thanks for stopping by! 

💋xo,

TJ





No comments: