*This post contains affiliate links that may put a bit of change in our pockets if you click on them and make a purchase. This is at no additional cost to you. My family and I greatly appreciate your use of them and support of this blog!
Along with the foods in our pantry, fridge and freezer, I have been determined to use up products that I have on hand before buying something new that may be catching my eye, creating temptation. Sometimes that involves searching the deep recesses of closets and cabinets when I have a vague memory of buying multiples of an item in the past. This month I managed to use up several products, giving me a sense of accomplishment towards my money saving goal.
I will also offer my opinion of the product, for what it's worth, and whether I plan on purchasing the item again.
• Masqueology Collagen Lifting Cream Mask ~ I purchased this product either at Walmart or Target but you can find a similar one here. I enjoy, and believe in, pampering myself from time to time, and for under three dollars I believe this little mask is worth it. I keep these in the veggie crisper drawer of our fridge so this creamy mask felt cool and soothing. $ saving tip: I use these type masks more than once, until there is no more liquid or serum left in the packet. I neatly fold the mask back up, slide it back in the packet and seal it all up in a zipper type sandwich bag and back in the fridge it goes! I learned this trick from a lady that purchases high end masks and I figure, if it's good enough for her, it's good enough for me!
Will I buy again? Most definitely!
• Suzanne Organics Healthy Glow Body Lotion ~ I enjoyed the subtle glow this light lotion gave my very fair skin, and the fact that it was a certified toxic free organic product. In the future, I would love to purchase this item again as I prefer to use items that are as toxic free and organic as possible (or as close to that as I can afford). At this time however, the price of this item doesn't align with my money saving goals. So when I want a subtle, sunless tan, I will use my Avon sunless tanners and lotions for a beautiful glow at a fraction of the price!
• Anew Platinum Firm and Sculpt Cream for Neck and Chest ~ I have enjoyed slathering on this luxurious cream before bed and will likely purchase again at some point in the future during a really good sale. I am currently using a newly opened jar of this but discovered another, different neck lotion that had worked it's way to the back of my shelf. I will move into using that one when this jar runs out.
• Flexitol Heel Balm ~ ever since reading that Dr. Phil's wife, Robin, swore by this product for smooth feet, I have purchased, and loved the products' results! Even after comparing the ingredients to other less expensive foot products, I keep buying this one. I don't know how many tunes I have already gone through over the years but, money diet or no money diet, I will definitely keep buying this. A girl has gotta have smooth feet, right?!
• Avon Skin So Soft Satin Glow products ~ I do love the end result these self tanner gels and lotions give, so by the time Avon is offering them again next summer, I will probably have run through my stash and will purchase again. The price is always reasonable compared to other brands and it allows me to have a little color on my glow in the dark pale skin. The only reason I might not purchase in the future is if I decide to tighten my spending even more.
• Dr Scholl's Stylish Step Clear Cushioning Insoles for Flats ~ for less than ten dollars, these allow me to wear my beloved ballet style flats when out and about in comfort for a longer period of time. As I have gotten older, I have lost some natural Cushioning in the soles in my feet and much to my orthopaedic foot surgeon's dismay, I'm not ready to live in running shoes. These handy little insoles allow me to still feel stylish while providing comfort. Not necessarily ALL DAY comfort but for long enough to do a little shopping and errand running. I will buy these again when needed. For the time being, I am able to switch them into whatever pair of shoes I want to wear for my outings, allowing me to be able to use the one pair in different pairs of shoes.
• Assorted skin care samples ~ I like to try before I buy whenever possible so I am a big fan of free samples. I actually used the whole little sample packets of these two Avon products (there was enough product in them for several uses) rather than forgetting about them while they dried up in their little pouch and ending up in the trash. I simply folded over the opened part and set them on my shelf where they were not "out of sight, out of mind", ensuring they got used up. Speaking of which, if you would enjoy receiving a little complimentary sample package of assorted products from me and my Avon business, just let me know~I love sharing our wonderful products with friends!
If you have any questions about any of these products that I didn't cover, don't hesitate to ask!
Thanks for stopping by! ~TJ