Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Week In Review

It all started bright & early Monday morning.
Well, if truth be told, it started the night before, when we had to prepare Bobo, our kitty, for his vet visit the next morning. He just needed to go in for routine vaccinations and to have some mats cut away from his belly area. Since he needed to be sedated for the mat thing (he doesn't take to grooming very kindly, that's how the mats took up residence in the first place), we had to make sure he didn't have food or water after midnight. That doesn't sound like it should be much of an issue I know. But, you see, Bobo (despite his name) is a man of adventure (an indoor outdoor cat) who likes to sing loudly in an operatic voice when he's ready to go outside. So, it was only with strategic placement in the upstairs guest bathroom, with doors closed, that the family would be able to get a good nights sleep. But we managed. And he didn't do any damage to the room or door trying to escape. The next morning, despite having had all night access to a litter box, after wrangling him into the pet taxi and just before walking out the door to the vets, I noticed a smell. So I took him out (he thought he was free) broke down and cleaned up the pet taxi and wrangled him back inside. Only to find out I had put the door inside out. So I let him out...again. Fixed the door. And wrangled him back in...again. And he sang us all the way to the vets office. All's well that ends well. Bobo made it back home, mat free and none the worse for wear. I wish I could say the same for myself.

While Bobo was at the vet, I had an appointment to have my braces removed. Only mildly traumatic. (I have had a phobia of dentists and the drilling they do since I watched a movie about a crazed dentist years ago...I won't go into it). I lived through it and my teeth look great! Thanks Dr. Bhagia and daddy (hubby)!
Tuesday was fairly uneventful. The usual homemaker-y things around the house.

Wednesday I worked.

Wednesday evening major anxiety began to set in as the midnight hour approached. I could not have food or drink after midnight. (No, I didn't have a vet appointment the next day~lol) I had to prepare for...

Thursday: bunion surgery. Well...I had to do something to ensure I would be waited on hand & foot on...
Friday: my birthday.

The plan worked. Mike took great care of me (and still is).

(Just so you know~I would not plan surgery purposely to get the royal treatment on ANY day!!! I'm just being silly.)

How was your week? Hope it was great!


Nola @ the Alamo said...

Bless your heart, hope you mend quickly. Happy Birthday, too!

Tommie Jo said...

Thanks so much! I'm trying. Hopefully will be back at reading all your wonderful blogs again soon!


Related Posts with Thumbnails