Monday, October 18, 2010

Blissfully Busy

I'm still around but God and family are ALWAYS my priority and lately, my life has been blissfully full! And I'm enjoying it. The cooler temperatures in the air, apron making, being creative in the kitchen using what we have on hand to save money (we are hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year so it's imperative that I make room in our freezers and pantry!)


I do plan on gathering my money spending/saving adventures soon to share. Hopefully later today! (And YES I do consider it an adventure...I find myself being more creative with my cooking endeavors, which makes for some tasty meals and breaks up the "what should I cook?" boredom syndrome that I can oh-so-easily fall into.


Soooo...see ya soon!





But for now I will leave you with this...



A Few Things I've done This Week To Save $$$

1) We had some dinner rolls that I made that turned out not so tasty so, I made them into bread pudding. Oh yeah! That did the trick. And I didn't have to throw them out! Thing is, I didn't have raisins but I did have some prunes on hand. I chopped 'em up & used them instead~tasty! And of course, I used the rolls in place of the bread...I think any bread item would work.


2) I spied out a box of frozen spinach and searched for spinach recipes online. I found one that sounded good and that I already had all the few ingredients that it called for on hand. Eureka! And it was good too. Hubby kept saying how good it was. A winner!


3) While watching a sales demo on natural skin care products that were pretty pricey and being tempted to BUY them, I stopped, took a deep breath and decided that I could probably make some sweet skin care products in my own kitchen. So I did. FOR PENNIES! I treated my face last night to a honey egg masque and this morning, I indulged in a vanilla brown sugar body scrub. Luscious. Want the recipes? Here they are...

Honey Egg Face Masque

1 egg yolk (dry/normal skin) or 1 egg white (oily skin)

1 Tbsp. honey

1 1/2 tsp. milk

mix thoroughly & apply to your face, neck & de'collete'. Let dry & rinse off with cool water OR use a warm damp wash cloth for a few minutes on your face before rinsing. Decadent!

Vanilla Brown Sugar Body Scrub

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. olive or coconut oil

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

rub all over your body while in the shower then rinse off. CAUTION! Be careful~this will make your shower or tub slippery!!!

Enjoy y'all!

1 comment:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I always use sugar as a face scrub and when I need more moisture I add some olive oil too. Great stuff!!!

Why pay the big buck when ya have great products sittin' on your kitchen shelves????

Ya'll have the most wonderfully blessed 'fall' day!!!