Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Five Frugal Things ~ 7/27/18

*posting this a tad behind schedule 😊
Well, it's that time!  Yes, time for another, infrequent installment of my Five Frugal Things!  Yahoo!

Lately I have...

•  collected seeds from my garden.  Four o'clocks, cilantro and contender bean seeds.      I love knowing I won't have to purchase these seeds for a good long time, if ever          again!

•  watered my houseplant with little bits of water and teas (no cream in the tea) that      were left over in glasses and cups.

•  I began investing an extra one half to one hour of my day, five to six days a week,         into my Avon business to give myself a raise.

•  have continued to add mulch to the garden to help cut down on the amount and          frequency with which I have to water.

•  we have been keeping all blinds closed on the windows that have them to help keep    the heat out and save on air conditioning.   We have several windows that don't            have blinds, allowing for natural daylight in the house.  We aren't completely living    in the dark, that would quickly become depressing!

And before I sign off, I wanted to share another of my favorite resources, Jerry Baker aka, "America's Master Gardener"!  Sadly, Mr. Baker passed away last year but I continue to glean from his good old fashioned tips and tonics for the garden.  If you aren't familiar with this wonderful man, please do yourself a favor and browse his website! And don't miss out on his blog!

Have you continued to be thrifty and frugal during the dog days of summer?

Thanks for stopping by! ~TJ




No comments: