Friday, November 6, 2009

Thank Goodness It's Saturday!

I always look forward to the weekend with my family. Even though we may all be in other places in the house at any given time pursuing our own interests, it's still comforting to know we are all together.

This has been a busy week for me. My new recruit called yesterday to check in and told me she already had 12 orders! Good for her...I wish her continued success! I have had a load of other things keeping me busy in the pursuit to contribute financially to our coffers and am looking forward to a little girl time at the mall with my baby girl on Sunday.

I am holding steady following the Somersize plan and have lost 6 pounds over the past few weeks after years of the scale steadily climbing...climbing...climbing. I eat well and I eat plenty; this is my kinda "diet"! I enjoy trying out different recipes from the website community archives and the Somersize cookbooks. In fact, I just finished making a couple of batches of Somersized basil pesto to slather on baked chicken thighs tonight. I'll use it on whole wheat pasta as a sauce for the family along with the chicken since they have no interest in sticking strictly to "level 1". They enjoy (most of) what I make and I sometimes tweak it to appeal to them more (i.e. adding the pasta to the meal).
Basically, I have just been spending time these past few months enjoying all the blessings God sends my way...


A certain precious boy. Grand-ma'ma's pride and joy (roll the "r" in "Grand" if you please...and add emphasis on the "ma ma"...I'm not the least bit eccentric!)

who just turned 3...















family...


shopping...















good times...






















simple pleasures...

Yes, it's good to be blessed!

I hope that you consider yourself blessed today!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!



No comments: