Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tea For Health, Beauty & Weight Management

I thought I'd share my tea-votion with y'all...
We have an entire shelf in our pantry devoted to our tea collection. They are the regular kind you can buy in most grocery stores so, true tea aficionados might turn their noses up, but it's our tea, done our way. (Although I do enjoy visiting tea shops for a treat! The fragrances, the textures, the colors, oh my! Buy a little or alot~so much fun!)
I tend to have a couple of cups of coffee to start my day but then I will brew up any of a number of combinations that suit my fancy. Today its Guayake yerbe mate', loose from my health food store, a bag of Stash double bergamot Earl Gray, and a bag of plain ol' green tea. It's steeping right now. I'm fixin' to go pour it over ice to enjoy as I go about getting ready for my day. I don't drink sweet tea but, (shhh...please don't ell anyone...I could kicked outta TX for that!) I do like it iced to keep me cool on these sweltering days.
I use the Keurig to fill a small cup with hot water, plop my tea bags in the cup & walk away for a few. Today I'm using the reusable filter thingy & filled it with the loose yerbe mate'. After I pour my tea over the ice, I refill the cup with the same tea bags and will add that weaker brew to my glass as needed.
I know, I know, not a proper tea ceremony but it works for me!
I will be honest, I don't LOooooVE tea, I mostly drink it for the health benefits. (You get to a certain age & eat/drink things for health sometimes over the siren call of the tastebuds.) And I can't deny, on these hot, steamy summer days, iced tea is mighty refreshing~without sugar that is (; .

And on the subject of tea, one of my favorite quotes is:

"Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water."~Eleanor Roosevelt

Stay cool. Be strong. And have a great day!

No comments: