Thursday, June 13, 2019

Coming Out of Hibernation, Going into Hibernation~

self seeded Johnny jump ups
It has been a long winter.  Yes, I realize winter is long over and we are now heading into summer.  Some seasons in our lives feel cold and desolate no matter what the temperature is outside.  I am just now feeling the warmth in my heart again to reflect the rising mercury on the thermometer.  Coming out of hibernation.  

My dad went into the hospital a couple of weeks before Christmas last year, due to his ongoing health battle.  In March, shortly before what would have been his birthday, we had to say goodbye.  Being the introvert that I am, it's times like these that I tend to turn inward. To reflect, regroup and recharge.  But time marches on, carrying healing with it.  And life is for the living.  I know he would want nothing but the best for each of us.  And so, since this little online journal of mine brings me joy, journal I must.

self seeded coleus and four o'clocks 

As much as has changed, many things remain the same.  The "dailies" that must be done to keep the family and home well nourished and loved.  And then there's the puttering in the garden, sewing, and the myriad other things I do, just because.  These are the things that have gotten me through the past half year.

And as the temperature rises, I go back into hibernation~ of a different sort.  Yes, as the heat rises and the humidity blankets us, I am hibernating indoors again in the cool of the air conditioning.  I know I've mentioned my aversion to the heat and humidity before so I will try not to bore you with it again, lol.

For now, I will sign off.  I have a few outdoor chores this evening that I have to take care of now that the sun is not high in the sky.  But I'll be back...

As always, thanks for stopping by! ~TJ

"where flowers bloom, so does hope."~ lady bird johnson



No comments: