Friday, July 19, 2019

Making Home and the Freezer Queen Strikes Again~

This past week was a pleasant one!  Many days started with the comforting, yet economical breakfast of oatmeal and toast made from homemade cinnamon raisin bread...

After adding the vanilla to the porridge, there always seems to be some that is running down the side of the little brown bottle.  I swipe my wrist across the bottle to catch the drip of vanille "perfume".  That keeps the drip from staining the lazy Susan where the bottle lives, in between times of being called into the service of making something delicious.

After breakfast, and before beginning my day, I like to get some simmering potpourri going.

I vary the scents according to my mood, the season, and the ingredients I have on hand.

Today I decided to use some very fragrant loose tea.  I only used a couple of spoonfuls.

I tuck it into a nook in our dining room, right around the corner from our front door, so that the fragrance du jour greets our visitors with its subtle, natural scent.

At this point, I usually set about doing kitchen cleanup and other necessary chores for the day. This week I had some items I wanted to put up in the freezer to keep them from going bad.  I don't like to throw our money away in the form of spoiled food!

I had an almost full big bottle of V8 juice, that I got for free when Randall's was having their Monopoly promotion, that wasn't being drunk.  I decided that it would make a delicious addition to soups come this fall!


I also froze the leftover cranberries from making cranberry water.  I like to add them to smoothies and to my dog's homemade food.  They also make pretty little "ice"  
cubes to add to a tall glass of water on a hot summer's day.

Throughout the day, I am usually being observed from afar by a kitty or two...

And after the chores are finished and the day is done, I have been enjoying a little ambiance...

Who says the fireplace has to be reserved for the cooler months (especially if it doesn't put out heat)?!

A little surprise my daughter and I had when we were out shopping late one evening...


Fireworks!  It's always nice when there's a little something that causes us to stop and savor the moment.  

I hope you had a wonderful week and many moments to savor!

Thanks for stopping by!~ TJ










No comments: