Sunday, October 23, 2022

A Peek Into Last Week (October 15-21)~

endeavor:

authentic•oldfashionedvalues•lowtech•slowliving

~livingsimply~


a walk in the neighborhood on a cool autumn day reveals the nicest surprises! 

Howdy! So glad you are here! 

We have had several glorious days of cool, almost chilly, temperatures. My kind of weather! I hope your weather has been nice as well.

I must confess, I don't watch the news (too depressing😭) so I don't know what the weather has been like in other parts of the country (other than the hubs exclaiming that it was snowing in the U.P. of Michigan one day, lol. I lived there for a while in another lifetime so I guess he thought I'd be interested.😊). 

What I'm cooking, baking and eating (besides the usual) ~ 

•  chicken broccoli "fettuccine"- made with jarred Alfredo sauce that was in the pantry, bought on sale several weeks back. And spaghetti noodles that have been in the freezer since I stocked up on pasta last November. I always keep chicken and frozen broccoli on hand as they are major components to my Dollface's homemade dog food.

•  chana masala served over rice. I keep an assortment of legumes in the freezer along with rice that is bought in bulk and divided into smaller portions. I used a sweet potato in place of the russet as that's what I had available. The rest of the ingredients I had on hand in the freezer (chopped onion and tomatoes leftover from previous recipes) and pantry (spices, herbs and seasonings). I had fresh cilantro,  lemons and ginger on hand. Since I had previously soaked, cooked, portioned out and froze the chickpeas/garbanzos for ready access, I made the recipe in a large skillet rather than in the slow cooker. My husband is not a fan of this type of food (more for me!) so I ate a portion for dinner and then divided and froze the rest for future meals.

Even though I'm trying to cut back on sugar,  hubby still enjoys sweet snacks. Rather than buying as many prepackaged snacks as we have in the past, I have resolved to doing more baking again.

•  enchilada casserole - this time I used chicken, pinto beans and a red enchilada sauce. 

•   Lemon Crazy Wacky Cake with an Easy Lemon Glaze (I only used 1 tablespoon of milk for a thicker glaze)

•  Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars (I used only 1 teaspoon of vanilla in order to conserve on this pricey ingredient, and all semi sweet chocolate chips since that is what we had.)

Homekeeping ~ 

This week's homekeeping focus was the bathrooms. Outside of regular cleaning, I spent extra time going through and wiping down cabinets. I checked expiration dates on medications and made note of anything that needed to be added to the shopping list.

Garden~

I sowed carrots seeds. 

Highlight~

 It goes without saying that the cool, chilly days we enjoyed were one of the highlights of my week. SO grateful! 

I hope your week was wonderful! 

Thanks for stopping by!

💋xo, 

TJ

No comments: