Saturday, December 31, 2022

2022 ~ Reflections ~ Struggles

2022

~sharing~

*this is a very transparent post 

Reflecting on 2022 and one word continuously pops up in my mind. 

Struggle

...with the direction our lives have been going in (apparently there is no manual on managing the new normal of your life after a loved one's stroke. How could there be? Each situation is unique. We are 10+ years in.)

...with my self image

...with my weight

...with feeling stagnant 

...with my health challenges

...with figuring out what I want in the near and distant future

And so much more. Too much to put into legible words. We all have struggles. Some more than others. I never lose sight of that.

But...I am the eternal optimist and have faith that mine will all be sorted out if I continue to put in the work. Action is a ✨️magical✨️ word when it's very definition is applied to our circumstances. And attitude most definitely can be a tool we can use to work for us, or against us.

It is possible that I am extra reflective (annnd a tad melancholy) at the close of this year since I am facing my 60th birthday soon. I also think I have a touch of PTSD where a new year is concerned, since we have all been put through the wringer these past few years. Nonetheless, I have planned my plans, dreamt new dreams and have gorgeous goals laid out for this new year.

So, in honor of bidding adieu to 2022 with a soft kiss on it's cheek, welcoming the baby new year, and my upcoming 60th, I have decided to post a selfie a day for the duration of 2023. On the good, the bad and the "it is what it is" days. I think it will be interesting to see the changes from day to day. (I have officially reached the point where, as one woman put it, "one morning I woke up, looked at myself in the mirror and said, 'WHAT is THAT? That wasn't there yesterday!'") So...yeah. This should be fun, lol. Would you like to join me? I'll be using the hashtag #dailyselfie2023 on Instagram if you would like to follow along.

cheers to 2023

Wishing a most HAPPY, HEALTHY, SAFE, PEACEFUL, BLESSED and PROSPEROUS year ahead to y'all! See you next year!

💋xo, 

TJ

No comments: