Sunday, December 18, 2022

A Peek Into Last Week (December 10 - 16)~

 endeavor:

authentic•oldfashionedvalues•lowtech•slowliving

~livingsimply~


I'm so glad you're here! Come on in and set a spell. How has your week been? Tell me all about it while we grab a nice wintery beverage-hot chocolate? Coffee? Or maybe eggnog is more to your liking?-and gab a bit. I'll go ahead and start things off while you warm up and gather your thoughts~

Holiday Happenings~

This year is the first year that I can ever remember not putting up a Christmas tree or decorating for the holiday.  It is a bittersweet thing for me. Our home is still in disarray from the water damage we had earlier this year and I couldn't find the enthusiasm to have beautiful decorations competing with the backdrop of all that. 

That's not to say I don't have the warm, cozy glow of the spirit of Christmas within. I have surrounded myself with other holiday delights to "make merry"...

What I'm watching/reading listening to~

(still A Christmas Carol-ing and Little Women-ing 😆)

I've been enjoying listening to an assortment of Christmas music (including the Little Women soundtrack, lol😁) on Spotify this week. Mannheim Steamroller is always a favorite, along with Michael Bublé and of course, all the good old classic songs of the season.

Create~




I dug through my ever ready crafting bag and pulled out the supplies needed to turn an old Christmas card into several bookmarks. I enjoy doing this with beautiful cards that have been sent to me. It's a lovely reminder of that person each time I settle in and open a book to happily while away a few relaxing moments.

the longer bookmarks will be used for standard sized books


the short bookmarks I will use in my traveler's notebooks 



Homekeeping ~ 

This past week's homekeeping focus was the bathrooms. I cleaned in there a little deeper than the everyday type cleaning, really getting into the nooks and crannys (and rewarded myself with lots of bubble baths!).

I also continued to declutter and am considering whether I should try and sell a few of the items and if so, how and where I should list them. Facebook (for miscellaneous household items)? Poshmark (for clothing. Do they take other types of items?)  Are there other, better places to list online? These are the questions swirling about in my head surrounding this subject right now, lol.

It was also a great relief to have two big (and heavy ) boxes full of items for donation picked up after much procrastination in the matter. (I don't know why it takes me so long to schedule the pickups. I think I'm trying to make sure they are getting a "haul" worthy of their time, effort and expense to pick up but then that means we are left with the growing collection-and the temptation to dig through and pull things back out.🤫😊)

What I'm cooking, baking and eating ~ 

I haven't done a lot of cooking lately but when I have, it has been fairly decent sized batches that we can eat for several days that week with enough left over to freeze for future meals. Like the Garlicky Chickpea Soup I made this week. It's faster fast food, as in: it's faster than getting out and driving somewhere to pick up something when I'm feeling lazy(-er than usual) and uninspired to cook up something. Plus, it's definitely healthier and more economical than takeout and it has that special ingredient that you just can't buy anywhere...l♡ve.🥰

Well, as always, it was wonderful visiting with you! Take good care of yourselves, your hearths and homes and let's meet up again real soon.

💋xo, 

TJ

No comments: