Thursday, December 1, 2022

Hawks in the Sky~

 



While out for our daily stroll, I happened to look up while paused for Dollface to sniff the area. I enjoy skygazing because you just never know what you might see. Add to that fact I am somewhat of birdwatcher. Not the binocular packin', hiding in reeds in a swampy marsh kind (although a pair of bird watching binoculars is on my wish list), lol. I'm more of a casual bird observer and take immense delight in all their antics. 


Well, today's observation did not disappoint! Hawks patrolling the sky! I have never seen so many at one time. I counted no less than fourteen. I thought surely there must be some prey that they were all going to compete for but no, they just continued to glide high above us until they slowly drifted into the horizon.

red tail hawk 📷: audubon.org

My natural curiosity and love for all of God's creatures great and small got me to doing some online informational digging: 

18 Species of Hawks in Texas (with pictures)

Hawks In Texas: Our Top 15 Lords-Of-The-Skies Species Guide

What Makes a Group of Hawks a “kettle”

Eat, Prey, Love: A Day with the Squirrel Hawkers of East Texas

Or maybe they were turkey vultures?🤷‍♀️ They were so high in the sky, I'm not sure.

turkey vulture 📷: audubon.org 

How Do Hawks Hunt? (7 different methods & how to observe)

I hope you enjoyed this mini bird watching post. Do you like to birdwatch? Do you consider yourself a pro or, like me, a casual birdwatcher? 

Thanks for stopping by! 

💋xo, 

TJ

No comments: