Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Recipe Favorites and My New Blog Button Debut!

First of all, I wanted to thank Jenn from The Days of a SAHM for my new blog button (on the right...)! She did this for free, can you believe it? She may do one for you too if you ask, "pretty please, with a cherry on top?"! Thanks so much Jenn! You are so talented!

And, with Thanksgiving rapidly approaching, I thought I would do a series these upcoming days of all the Thanksgiving family favorites we've enjoyed over the years. Some recipes show up year after year. Every year. Some make an appearance occasionally. But often. Today I thought I would start off with the star of our dessert lineup. This creamy, luscious, fruity pie makes an appearance every Thanksgiving and Christmas. There would be an uprising if it didn't. The kids start talking and asking about it well before the holiday, just to be sure it's not forgotten in the hustle & bustle of things. My sister Cindy has taken on the role of making several of these pies each holiday for the past few years. (Yes. Several. They go fast and furiously. We need several to satisfy the masses.) Thanks for always coming through Aunt Cindy!



Aunt Dot's Blueberry Pie*
1 - 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1 cup of sugar
1 large box of Dream Whip (+ ingredients on box to make)
1 can of blueberry pie filling (or fruit pie filling of your choice)
2 baked pie shells
2 bananas
Cream the cream cheese & sugar and set aside. Whip the Dream Whip according to package directions then fold in cheese and sugar mixture. Slice the banana in the bottom of the baked pie shells. Pour the cheese/whipped cream mixture over the bananas. Make a shallow well in the center of each of the pies whipped cream/cream cheese mound and put 1/2 the can of pie filling in each.
Note- Cindy uses Cool Whip instead of Dream Whip but I'm not sure of how much she uses. You may want to try that. I'm guessing 1 small tub for each pie.
* Our Aunt Dot didn't create this recipe (& I don't know who did) but she is the one who gave it to us years ago so we call it that, lol!
Sorry I don't have any pics to go along with these recipes. We haven't made them yet. I just figure there may be people out there that still don't know what to make for the big day. Hope this helps!~TJ

No comments: