Sunday, November 18, 2018

Mama's Country Kitchen French Toast~A Non Recipe

No it ain't purty. But it's delicious and good cheap eats. It's real life around here. And it's what I do with the leftover ends, bits and pieces of our "day old" bread.

French Toast (My Way)

• An egg or so (depends on how much bread I have to use up)
• A sploosh of milk (no, I don't really know what a "sploosh" is)
• A dash of salt 
• A few sprinkles of cinnamon 
• A splash of vanilla extract 
Whisk that all together with something non fancy, like a fork. Or a whisk.
After the egg mixture is well combined, I put a few pieces of that stale (let's be honest here) bread into the milky egg bath to soak a bit (not too long or else it'll fall apart) while I heat up my skillet (or griddle) on a medium, to medium high, heat. When it's good & hot, I plop a few pats of butter in to melt, and then cook up some yummy french toast served with maple syrup for brunch! Mmm Mmm good! 

I would love to hear any french toast tips & tricks that you use!

Thanks for stopping by! ~TJ

No comments: