Monday, January 27, 2020

Pizza Night!


We love pizza! But long gone are the days when we had the regular income that allowed us the privilege of going out to eat twice a week like clockwork, and ordering up a couple of pizzas when the mood struck. We can still enjoy pizza that is as delicious as any pizzeria has to offer though, AND at a fraction of the cost since finding a pizza dough recipe that we think rivals any pizza restaurant's. Add a little of my simple pizza sauce (recipe below) and a few favorite toppings (all bought on sale or grown in the garden, of course!) and dinner is served!

The pizza dough recipe I use is this one. Although it is technically a "no knead" recipe, I find whipping up the dough is even faster, and appeals much more to the lazy housewife in me, when I dump the handful of ingredients into the processor bowl of my Ninja and whir it 'til it all satisfyingly comes together in a ball, but...I have done it both ways. The dough does take some time to do it's doughy thing {aka rising}, so plan your pizza party a day in advance (better yet, just keep some dough made up and keep it in the fridge for those impromptu pizza cravings!)!

what's this?!

it's a pizza dough baby! peek-a-boo!

mama's gonna tuck you in for a nap so you can grow big and strong. night-night little one. shhh!

Mamaw's Simple Pizza Sauce

2 cups canned crushed tomatoes  (can use tomato sauce)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 
1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried basil
salt and pepper to taste (optional)

Combine all ingredients. Spread a thin layer on pizza dough before adding toppings. 
*Want to make less sauce? Simply half the recipe, but...keep in mind, any remaining sauce can be frozen and be used for your next pizza party!

Mangia!

Does your family have a regular pizza night? What are your favorite toppings? And if anyone has a tried and true "white pizza" topping/sauce (the garlicky-er😉 the better), please share, as that's my mine and my daughter's favorite. 

Thanks for stopping by! ~TJ

*I would so appreciate it if you would spread the word to friends and family! Every little bit of income I make through this blog via the sale of my aprons, Avon products, or through my affiliate relationships, helps to support my dear hubby and me and this blog! A million thanks friends! 



No comments: