Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Joy of Cooking

Many days I haven't given any thought to dinner until it's almost too late. And we don't want to live on fast food~not good for the budget or our health. Thankfully, at this stage of my life, I've done enough cooking to be able to fly by the seat of my pants. This meal is one of those.
Turn the slow cooker on to get it going. Take frozen (or not, depending on your level of organization!) boneless, skinless breasts and plop them in the bottom of your slow cooker pot.
Season them generously with herbs and spices like these...


Pour canned crushed or diced tomatoes, a little tomato sauce & a bit of tomato paste on top of your chicken & spices...

Put the lid on & let everything get to know each other for a while.

Before you're ready to serve dinner, prepare pasta. When the pasta is done & drained, remove the chicken from the sauce, add your pasta to the sauce and combine. Serve with your choice of grated cheese (we like romano & parm) & a salad.

Yummy! So yummy I forgot to take the picture of the finished product!

Knowing how to cook without a recipe and with what I have on hand, well to me on days like these, that's the joy of cooking.

Bon appetit!


No comments: