Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Steals & Deals

With the weather beginning to warm up, we've gotten the itch to get out bright & early on Saturday mornings to hit every yard sale in our path. On weekdays, thrift stores will do ;-).

I thought I'd share with you some of my latest finds. I can't remember what I paid for each item but believe me when I say, if I bought it, it was thrifty...

A little framed needlework. The frame was originally a light wood. I painted it with an antique white and sponged on gold paint before adding a pink ribbon. (Fifty cents, not including the paint and ribbon I had on hand.)
A set of seven hankies ($2), a (real) silver tray ($1) and an assortment of beads (twenty-five cents each).
A simple bucket (.25) that I filled with sunflowers (new, .25 each bunch)
Framed bird print ($2)
A little pewter "K" trinket box. My maiden name begins with K. (.50)

And in the office, a duck & an old school dictionary.

Well, that is a peek into my "trash to treasures". What are some of your favorite finds?







No comments: