Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Mornin'

I'm sitting here in the quiet of the sweetest time of day looking out my upstairs office window, watching a squirrel hunt and gather his delectable breakfast beneath the pines with their gently blowing boughs. I hear the doves call and savor the complete peace and tranquility that envelopes our neighborhood before the families begin to stir and ready themselves for church. Before the children begin to play and call out with pure delight and abandon.

And something about it all takes my thoughts back to our weekend at Mom & Dad's just a few short weeks ago...
Just as we arrived, a soft sprinkling of snow was falling...
We were giddy...(until panic struck when I thought I might have locked the keys in the monster! I didn't...whew!)
Ari & Grandpa...
The place where midnight campfires happen and tales are told...
Wishing well...
A lone bird fly high above the treetops...
The road to Gram's and a favorite walking path...
Father & son time...
One last quick hug before we part ways...

And time for me to get ready for church...I hear hubby stirring. Have a wonderful Sunday y'all!

No comments: