Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dollface

This past Mother's Day, I adopted a new furry baby. It had been two years since we lost a sweet, faithful dog that we had had for thirteen years. I took it hard. And no matter how many times Ari asked if we could pleeeease get another dog...I just wasn't ready. The time wasn't right. But then one day, when I least expected it, (sorta like the day the Grinch's heart unexpectedly warmed and grew)...I was ready. We began looking. Our search didn't take very long when...
we fell in love...

with this face...

this little Dollface.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, Tommie Jo...I'm in love. No wonder you decided to bring this little pup home. Is a girl or boy and what is it's name?

I waited a long time between dogs, my heart was broke and I thought I'd never get another. Then suddenly, you see a happy little face with some wanting in it's eyes and you melt!!

I'm so happy for you & your family!

xoxo
Janie

PAT said...

So sweet. I can understand why it was love at first sight.

We waited quite awhile for another dog. Then Christmas 2002, our daughter called and said she thought it was time for us to have another pup and she had just the pup for us. That's when our Molly came home with us.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

oh Dollface is just adorable!

I know what it's like to lose a cherished dog. We lost our Cocker Spaniel a few years ago. Our Golden, Maxie is now 10 and just starting to slow down. He still thinks he's a puppy!

Manuela

Ms. Bake-it said...

Oh Tommie Jo, I can see why you call her Dollface! She is a sweetie! I am thrilled to hear that you adopted her. Love her collar. When my beloved Walker passed away I was just devastated and it was years before I was able to even think about getting another one. Then one day along Hunter and it was instant mutual love!

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have an awesome Labor Day weekend!

~ Tracy

Tommie Jo said...

Blondie, her name is Dollface & she really is a sweetie.
It is hard losing our sweet pets and when the day comes that we can open our hearts and homes to a new one...well it's wonderful. There's a renewed spirit in our home. And I'm sure the one that has passed on would want us to be happy & loved as only our pets can do. Thanks for sharing your pet stories with me!