Saturday, May 19, 2012

Carrot Pie

After being faced with almost three pounds of organic baby carrots that my daughter said she didn't care for (I keep them around for her lunches), I knew that meant only one thing: they weren't going to get eaten any time soon and I'd better figure out something to to with them before they ended up in the trash.

{my trusty Ninja}
So, I remembered a little recipe card that has been languishing in my recipe files for years. And it had been years since I made it. (Only because I go through periods of wanting absolutely nothing to do with anything having to do with the kitchen and cooking or baking.)
{I had just run out of my sea salt so substituted kosher salt instead.}




{many times I use dried milk in my baking and cooking}

*Not pictured is the homemade whipped cream I made to top the slices of warm pie ):
**I find I prefer the pie better after it has been chilled in the fridge for a while.

No comments: