Thursday, November 1, 2012

Five Frugal Things

Here's five more frugal things I've done this past week...

1)  In the Garden~ Planted more seeds: White Lisbon Bunching Onions; Grand Rapids Leaf lettuce; Salad Bowl leaf lettuce; Parris Island Cos (romaine type) lettuce; cress; Purple Top White Globe turnips,Red Cored Chantenay carrots; Oriental Red Poppies; Shasta Daisy "Alaska" seeds and a few Sunflower seeds

A lot of the seeds I buy are from Walgreens or Walmart. I am going to check out some online sites for "freebies" to see what's available. Just out of curiosity.

2)  In the Kitchen~ made "clean out the fridge (and freezer and pantry ;D )" soup. It made enough for 3 meals.
3)  Cosmetics~ used up a hair conditioner, a hair mask and the rest of a travel/sample sized BBcream (love that stuff & really want to get a full sized container! But first, I have three more little ones to use up. I bought them on Amazon using a gift card  I earned from Swagbucks!~{Interested in Swagbucks? Just click on the "earn free prizes Swagbucks button off to the right here!}) I cut the tube open & got several more days wear out of it after I couldn't squeeze anymore from the tube (I do that whith all things tube-y). I put the tube in a zip top baggie to keep it from drying out.

4)  At the Store~  although not a necessity, we like sweets, so I stopped by Walgreens the day after Halloween and bought (only) a couple of bags of their half priced candy. Yum. I will probably find myself in there (if my timing is right) after the candy has been marked down 75-90%. Usually by then though it's slim pickins.

5)  Refuse Rescue~ I washed many a plastic zip top baggie this past week. From Gallon to sandwich size. Yes. I did.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: