Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's a Beautiful Day!

With the Thanksgiving holiday behind us and the Christmas season upon us, I just want to check in and say I hope everyone has been, and will be, enjoying the best this season has to offer!

I have not been keeping up with my frugal five nor my weekly to do's but, rest assured, I am still frugal and "to doing". In fact, I thought I'd share one of my happiest frugal things as of late. The flowers above were purchased as a mark down gift flower at the grocery store for $2.99. When I bought it, it was still in bloom so I set it by the front door to give a cheery "hello" to visitors and passers-by. When the blooms faded, I snipped off all the spent blooms, put the plant in a sunny but protected spot to see what would happen, if anything. I have watered it almost daily (we are still seeing temps in the 80's on some days even in November!) and am happily surprised that it is putting on a happy, colorful show!

Back soon. In between life happening!

Enjoy your day!
~TJ

No comments: