Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sum-sum-summertime!

It's summertime! I'm honestly not a big fan of the heat~it's been at least 104 degrees one day that I know of. Personally, I don't really want to know how hot it is because, combine that with our humidity, and it ain't a pretty picture. Frizzy hair, shiny face, sweaty as soon as you towel off from your bath or shower...icky I say.

But all that aside, I try to make the best of it. I try to focus on the good, and not the heat, of summer. I partake in the summery delights that this season abounds with. Icy cold, juice dripping from your chin, watermelon. Our pear and fig trees heavy with fruit just waiting to be plucked. Chilly glasses of Sauvignon blanc and rose' enjoyed as the sun sets over the horizon. Sizzling food, grilled to perfection in a joint effort by hubby & me. Iced tea, sea breezes, graduations, birthdays...all the wonderful things of summer. Because I know, soon enough, it will be Autumn, my favorite time of year. And to get to that, I have to endure go through summer. Kind of like life's challenges. 

And it's not so bad, if I focus on the good.

How do you enjoy your summer?

~TJ

No comments: