Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Simple Living, Extraordinary Life ~ The Dailies (sort of) 11/14/17~11/21/17


Well...squirrel!!!

Of course I intended to "journal" more often than this, but a little over a week ago, on a Friday, my daughter had the day off.  We spent some Mumzy/Mumzy Jr time together by thrift shopping at our favorite thrift stores and then begrudgingly (*wink* I jest because we LOVE mexican food) obliging hubby's request to stop by our nearby taqueria to bring home dinner.

At the thrift stores, after heading to the book displays firstly, as I always do, a found four books that looked interesting to me.  Being the hardcore bookworm that I am, that was all it took to trigger a swan dive into a reading marathon that sucked me in like a rip tide and spit me out just in time to come ashore to man our Thanksgiving dinner prep.  I lost track of all space, time and focus.  And here we are.  

Yes, I took care of the necessities of life: bathing, eating, sleeping.  But heaven help me, when I get lost in a good book, all bets are off.  I'm sure my fellow bibliophiles can relate and will relate and forgive me for neglecting this here little blog of mine.


Just so you don't think all I did was read for a week, we must also factor in the fact that this is my ab-so-lute favorite time of the year. Ahhh yes, AUTUMN.  The time when we get a reprieve from the heat and humidity that I have never been friends with in my whole life. But. NOW. I am menopausal and have discovered a new hell on earth: heat + humidity + hot flashes + bosom sweat = MISERABLE (pronouncing it with a Spanish accent takes some of the sting out of it).

Therefore, I have made it my job to enjoy all things outdoors that I feel might literally kill me (or at least make me pass out) in the other 355 days of summer that we have in these here parts.  I've been biking, hiking, gardening, and simply lounging on the patio savoring the golden afternoon light.  While I can.  Priorities.  A girl must have priorities.  

I'd love to hear about your Autumn activities & how you wile away the glorious days of Fall.

Thanks for your patience and...

thanks for stopping by! ~TJ


No comments: