Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Simple Living, Extraordinary Life ~ The Dailies 11/8/17

US flag at the post office. SO thankful for the men and women who serve our country!
It's midweek!  Today's weather is much more to my liking.  It's cloudy and cool, with a high of 68°F.

We started our day in the usual laid back way.  I warmed up some apple, raisin, cinnamon oatmeal for hubby's breakfast from the big batch I made a couple of days ago (I usually aim for three days worth of meals when I do "big batch" cooking if it is something I don't intend to freeze).  I've never been big on eating when I first wake up so I just sit and have my coffee with him while he eats, and we converse about the day ahead and life in general.

A little while later, I take Dollface for a quick walk and then let Galahad out, first in the front yard on his leash while we keep him company, and then in the backyard on his tie out.  After bringing him in, I had to run a couple of errands.  First to the post office to see about having a new lock installed on our mailbox, and then to Target to pick up an order I placed online and had delivered to the store.  I ended up doing a little "window shopping" while I was there but I behaved myself and didn't buy anything!  I did, however, treat myself to a Starbucks frappuccino, as I had just enough to cover it on a gift card that had been given to me.

At day's end, I reflect on how peaceful the day was, how smoothly it went, and how thankful I am for it!

I hope you enjoyed your day!
Thanks for stopping by! ~TJ

No comments: