Friday, March 23, 2018

Five Frugal Things ~ March 23, 2018

I hope everyone had a great week! Here is this week's Frugal Five:

•  I invested in a soaker hose to help cut down on water usage in the garden.  I will be buying a couple of more soon to place in other areas.

•  when cooking meats, I have deglazed the pans with water to get all the flavorful bits off the bottom of the pan, after draining off most of the grease.  I then save the delicious liquid to add to recipes in place of part, or all, of the broth that the recipe may call for.

•  made a new batch of laundry stain remover.

•  rearranged and organized our upright freezer that has been in a state of chaos for far too long.  This will allow me to easily see what we have and what we need when I am planning my shopping trips and not waste money buying something we already have plenty of.

•  made my own homemade ranch style and a creamy dijon Italian style dressing for salads and veggie dipping.  I have been making my own salad dressings for so long, I have a difficult time justifying the cost of store bought salad dressings.

I hope you enjoy your weekend and that the weather is Spring-like where you are!  Thanks for stopping by! ~TJ

No comments: