Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'm Trashing My Home Management Binder!





I was just commenting to hubby yesterday that this year is whizzing by so fast! I know it's cliche' but time does fly when you're having fun! And I have been enjoying life as it comes my way.
Along with that, I have to be honest, I have not kept up at all with my plans to
scrapbook, exercise and blog daily as I had planned and that has giving me that nagging feeling of failure. How can such little things plague us with such BIG guilt, like a tiny gnat that buzzes around us relentlessly?
Well, I will say that when I ran across
this lady's blog post , I felt sooo much better about myself. Because no matter how I've tried (and I have tried and tried again! All the time I've spent trying to create the "perfect system" could have been better spent actually accomplishing something that needed to get done, when all it ultimately accomplished was more mother guilt...why, WHY do we do this to ourselves?!) to organize myself by creating schedules, binders, routines, etc., etc. I just seem to fail miserably (there's that "f" word again.). And it's because life just doesn't neatly unfurl itself on a daily basis. And I'm not highly energetic. But I do get things done that need to get done. Because of a little list I make most days of the important things that need to get done in a day. Usually no more than 5-6 things that need to be accomplished in a day. And everything else can land where it may. AND, if something on that itty bitty list doesn't get done, it goes on the next days list. Simple. Easy. And it works for me. Guiltlessly.
So, thank you
"Ivory" for letting me see that there are other "lazy" ladies out there like me, rather than the legions of binder making, Fly Lady routine following women (who do so with military precision) that I run across online all to often. Don't get me wrong here, I absolutely admire those people that can keep to a schedule and have amazing household binders, otherwise I wouldn't have tried so long to be like them. It just doesn't work for me.
Thank you for setting me free!

No comments: