Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break, Louisiana & Life



This past week, my daughter and son were out of school for spring break. After a whirlwind-just-us-girls-road trip to Covington, Louisiana (so whirlwind I don't believe I took one picture!!! Arrrghhh!) to visit my youngest son, explore, shop & eat. We didn't do much relaxing since we left home early Tuesday morning and got back home Wednesday evening. A seven hour drive both ways. But we had a great time.


One "attraction" Ari wanted to see was the K-Mart store since we don't have one around were we live. I don't think she was impressed. And no offense to K-Mart but, after that refresher course, I found I don't miss them. And one of the highlights of my little makeup maven's trip (ok...and mine) was visiting the brand new, three day old baby Ulta. Fresh, clean, and filled with makeup, skin care and fragrance testers that no one had yet touched. Heaven!








{Brand new Ulta}


We rode down narrow streets in the historic part of town, passing a cemetery that reminded me of the movie, "Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil". We delighted in the regional accents of the folks that lived there that varied wildly from mild to thick. And after forcing ourselves to face the fact that we needed to hit the road, vowing that we would come back and visit the places we hadn't had time for this trip, we grabbed a few beignets at the legendary Cafe Du Monde, frappucinos from Starbucks and headed west.

In my own personal beauty department, last night I tried the "accent nail" while giving my nails some much needed attention. I !LoVe!!!! it! I used Revlon's "Opulent Pink" and China Glaze's "Material Girl" on the ring fingers. I think it's so pretty and feminine!

{bracelet from Forever 21}

I have so much other stuff I wanna share and will as time allows. Family comes first though...

Thanks for stopping by!
































No comments: