Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Wonders of Apple Cider Vinegar



About two weeks ago Ari & I went to check out the bargains to be had at a nearby resale shop that will soon be closing it's doors. We looked and looked and only walked out with a little book called Apple Cider Vinegar, Nuts & Honey. (I don't know if it's in print any longer.) Its a small little book, only 96 pages long, but it's packed with all kinds of interesting info about the three items in the books title. And I must say, it doesn't begin to list all of the wonders of those things; the internet is abounding with info about the wonders of, especially, Apple Cider Vinegar.

One thing from the book that I've put into practice is "Dr. Jarvis' wonder tea" which is simply tea (I used black decaf tea), ACV (I use Braggs with the "mother" found at my local Kroger store and health food stores) & honey (i'm using a generic brand but hope to find a source for local honey). I've been trying to drink at least one 8 ounce glass a day because I couldn't resist finding out if it helps all the ailments the book says it can do. Things like: seasonal type allergies, brittle bones & nails, fatigue (I do seem to have more energy since I started drinking it!), memory problems (Lord I NEED help with that!!!), muscle tension and headaches (I really hope it helps me in these areas). The list of benefits goes on and on!

The information on nuts and honey is also intriguing and interesting and I hope to incorporate more of the tips into my daily life as time goes on and I learn more by researching.

A personal testimony about ACV that recently happened: Ari had been complaining about a sore spot on her gums. After a few tries of swishing with warm salt water, I told her to maybe try swishing with ACV. I never heard her complain about it again and one day it came up in conversation. Her face lit up with a great big grin and she said the sore and pain went away after using the ACV rinse (ewww don't swallow~~~but I guess you could)!


No comments: