Friday, October 17, 2008

Quick Easy Supper Idea

A dinner I fall back on occasionally when I've had enough chicken, beef & fish is Pork Chops (or Pork Steak) with Creamy Salsa. It's fast, forgiving & super simple.

Take however many pork chops/pork steak you need or want. Season with salt & pepper (or Lawry's Seasoning salt or something that you think would work here-tonight I used a southwest type seasoning salt). Heat up some olive oil (or whatever oil you prefer) in a pan until a drop of water sizzles in it and then pan fry your seasoned pork until done. Remove the pork from the pan, pour off any excess fat/oil & then put some heavy cream (until it looks like it will make enough sauce for you-I dunno, maybe 1/2 cup or more???) in the hot pan (with the heat still on) & scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, mixing it up well into the cream (tonight I used sour cream & a little water to thin it because I was out of heavy cream and it worked just as well. Milk might work too but I haven't tried it). Then add some salsa (I use chunky Pace) to the cream & keep heating the sauce & stirring. It will be a pretty rosy creamy color. Again, I can't give exact measurements here...sorry :-(. When the sauce is heated through, put the pork back in to heat them up. Done.

I served with brown rice tonight (made a beautiful yellow color by adding turmeric to the cooking water) and used the sauce on the pork steaks and the rice. Add aveggie or salad & voila' dinner ready. I don't have any pictures because we ate dinner before I though of sharing...

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

YOur right , eveyone is in a food mood:-) These suggestions sound yummy!