Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Scheduling My Day

Today was my third day at home. Monday I set up a tentative schedule for myself to follow so that I could be somewhat efficient and not drift through the days. I'm using my One Note that was already installed into my laptop to create a home journal. I just leave the day's agenda on the screen and check it whenever necessary, which at this point, is quite often! Here's a sample of my day:


7am
Wake; Make Breakfast; Start laundry; Kitchen clean up

8am
Quiet time, Plants (water, planting, etc)

8:30am
Office work (bills, phone calls, correspondence, etc)

9am
Exercise

9:30am
Dinner & food prep/"molehills"

10:30am
Craft Projects

12pm
Lunch (Eat, Check Blogs, Make-Up if you haven't)

12:30pm
Craft

2:30pm
Fabric store

4pm
Pick up Ari, run errands

5pm
Homework help/cleaning/ambiance/spritz plants/dinner-set table

5:30pm
Dinner/Family time

7pm
Read/crochet

8:30pm
Bath/prep for bed (vitamins, read, tomorrows list etc.)

10pm
Nighty-nite

I copied & pasted directly from my calendar. So far, it is working great! It keeps me moving, on task and busy. I use my timer throughout the day so I don't lose track of time. When the beeper sounds, I move on to the next thing. I do allow for a little wiggle room when needed. For instance, the last couple of days, I've had to shorten the time for some things because other more needed tasks took more time than planned. Oh well, this is life!

And so far, I'm not doing too well getting to bed at ten. I struggle with my night owl tendencies but those same habits sometimes make for a grouchy me in the morning. I am working toward the ten o'clock bedtime and hopefully THAT will be on schedule.

House work is done but not written into the schedule as of yet. It does get done! As I said this is new and many kinks still need to be worked out. So far I've been allowing ten minutes per hour to address household chores...short & sweet just like I like my housework!~ giggle

Todays menu:
Breakfast- oatmeal with cinnamon & stewed apples, toast
Lunch-leftover Shepherds Pie
Dinner out at a Chinese restaurant-egg rolls, Happy Family & Shrimp fried rice (we all kind of share)
Well, it's time for me to hit the hay and whataya know...it's only 10:49PM. Early by my standards ;-) Good nite...

No comments: