Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pomegranate Rooiboos Tea and Sugar Cookies or "Can Sugar Cookies be Healthy?"

Yesterday I made the sugar cookies. Realizing I was out of flour before the last 1/4 cup was added to the cookie mix I kinda panicked. Well, I have whole wheat flour, and it's only 1/4 of a cup. Do I dare? Will they notice?

Yes I dared. No they didn't notice. In fact, Ari said, "these cookies are amazing".

Am I implying that sugar cookies can be healthy? No. Healthier? Maybe. With a little whole wheat flour thrown in and sipping a cup of healthy pomegranate rooiboos tea along with them, they can't be all that bad for you. Tee hee.

Join Rachel Ann and The Company Girl Coffee that she hosts on Fridays. (link above) Guess what I'm serving? You guessed it. Pomegranate rooiboos tea and sugar cookies!

2 comments:

samantha said...

Hmm. Sugar cookies probably are healthier with whole wheat flour instead of regular baking flour. I guess it would be a good substitute. Congrats on pulling it off.

mholgate said...

Yum yum! My DH is the Cookie Man around here. Last weekend we had Monster cookies. : )

Enjoy those cookies and have a great weekend!

Melissa