Thursday, October 3, 2013

Healthy(-er) Biscuits and Eggs~~~Yummy!

With Autumn upon us, I have been in the mood for some good ol' down home cookin'. But I must also keep in mind our health when whipping up meals. This morning, I was hankering for biscuits & eggs. Steaming hot biscuits with butter slathered on and over medium eggs on top, to be exact.

Okay, so it's not the healthiest meal but it could be made healthier right? And all things in moderation. Right?

                                       Right? (please just agree with me (; )


I took out my Pamela's gluten free Baking & Pancake Mix and followed the "Bisquick" type drop biscuit recipe on the back of the package. Where it called for shortening, I substituted LouAna Pure Coconut Oil and for the milk, I subbed Rice Dream brand organic unsweetened rice drink.

 
And they turned out GREAT! Even hubby complimented them and he can be quite the food critic! (Too bad he doesn't get paid for that ;D )
 
Anyhoo, I fried up some over medium eggs in coconut oil, split a biscuit in half, buttered it and gently placed the eggs on top of the biscuit........
only to stab them so their golden, creamy yolks could cascade ever so elegantly over the biscuit beneath.
 
Hahaha!
 
Bon apetit y'all!
A little healthier, right? ( just nod please)
 
Thanks for stopping by!~TJ

No comments: