Sunday, November 6, 2022

A Peek Into Last Week (October 29- November 4)~

endeavor:

authentic•oldfashionedvalues•lowtech•slowliving

~livingsimply~

Hello again!  So glad you are here ❤️ I hope your Halloween was safe and fun.

What I'm cooking, baking and eating ~ 

Chicken Tomato Cilantro soup, baked potatoes with assorted toppings and ranch dressing. 

 blondies

Mostly, we enjoyed a lot of precooked and frozen meals that were easy to unearth from the freezer, defrost, heat and eat.

Homekeeping ~ 

This week's homekeeping focus was the living room, entryway, and front porch. It was the perfect time to remove our Halloween decoration and attack the mountain that grows from a molehill on our entry table.☺️

What I'm watching/reading ~


I am doing a refresh reading of Younger Next Year for Women by Chris Crowley and Henry S. Lodge, M.D.. I first read the original Younger Next Year, which I found at a thrift store before finding YNYFW, also at a thrift store. There are just some books I like to read and re-read to let the message really sink in. When it comes to the subject of health and wellness, I need all the refreshes I can get (especially the older I get)! I find it encouraging to stay on top of my health and take care of myself, regardless of how old I get and how it can sometimes be so tempting to sit in my easy chair and rock my life away, lol. NO! I plan on fighting the uphill battle all the way to the end!💪


Highlight ~

I am so thankful for being able to take advantage of the privilege of voting. And early! There was only a short wait and the entire process went smoothly. It was heartwarming to see very young first time voters and the very old and/or disabled, who made it by walker, cane and wheelchair. All were welcomed and accommodated! 
Did you vote early? How were the polls where you are?

*confession-I voted for the very first time at the age of 35 for excuses I won't bore you with. The moral of this story is...it's never too late!

I hope the upcoming week is a delightful one for us all~thanks for stopping by!

💋xo, 

TJ




No comments: