Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Five Frugal Things ~ 11/30/22

 


No matter the circumstances, I have always had abundance in my life and all my needs met. It all depends on perspective I suppose and I have experienced first hand, life in a poorer country. I came back from that experience seeing my life through a new lens and I felt like nothing less than royalty! Sure, there have been some trying times but we've made it through, none the worse for wear. 

Here's a few frugal things I did this week~

1)  I used a long forgotten gift card to put gas in our vehicle.  There was just enough on it to fill up the tank!

this watch requires five batteries as each face is for a different time zone

2)  I watched a YouTube video to learn how to change watch batteries. I have several watches that have been sitting unused because their batteries were dead. I have put off having the batteries replaced because of the cost and the time and effort to drive to my favorite jeweler to have him change them. I ordered a pack of four batteries for less than the cost of having one changed. One watch down and several more to go. Unfortunately, not all my watches take the same type of battery so this will be a process for me that will take some time.

3)  I used some leftover lemon rinds, a few sprigs of rosemary and a sprinkling of thyme simmered in my tiny slow cooker as a natural air freshener.

4)  I took advantage of the loss leaders and digital coupons at Randall's and was able to get ten pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts for .99 a pound, four pounds of bananas for .29 a pound and a free 6 ounce can of black olives.

5)  I refilled my bottle that I use as a facial toner (1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 water).

I hope you had a frugally abundant week. See you next time!

💋xo, 

TJ

No comments: