Friday, November 4, 2022

Friday Fave #5~

 This week's fave comes from the kitchen! It's not glamorous but it sure comes in handy. I'm talking about instant milk. No, not that fat free stuff that most of us are familiar with and are loathe to actually drink (well, maybe that's just me). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind cooking and baking with the fat free variety in a pinch, but me no drink.

📷: all photos from amazon

The instant milk I'm talking about is whole milk and tasty enough that my husband has never noticed that I have replaced the milk of the refrigerated liquid variety in his hot cereals. (We were throwing out too much milk gone bad as he only uses small amounts to add to hot cereal once or twice a week. And I don't drink milk on a regular basis.) This milk is drinkable, even for me, on the rare occasion I get a hankerin' for a cold glass to go with a cookie (or four☺️), or to eat with my beloved granola! 



Since we don't use that much that quickly, I divided out the powder into 1 cup portions and (surprise!) put them in the freezer to make a cup at a time (1/4 cup milk powder to 1 cup room temperature water). NO MORE MILK WASTE! Hallelujah!!!

I bought mine on Amazon but I'm sure other retailers may carry it.

Do you use this product? What are your thoughts on it? I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for stopping by!

💋xo,

TJ

*this product is not sponsored and is not an ad~just a friend sharing with friends!


No comments: