Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Five Frugal Things ~ 11/2/22

 

dollface

1)  I bathed my Dollface and did her nails. It saved not only the money for the service and the gas money to transport her to the groomer but also the time and her stress. We used to pay for a mobile service to come to our home to groom her but I figured that was money best spent elsewhere. 

2)  I baked the ten pounds of potatoes that I recently purchase for .29 cents a pound. This is a big deal for me as I usually put the bag(s) of potatoes in the pantry where they often take on a secret life of their own in the dark, out of the way place. My first reminder that they are still there is hubby telling me something doesn't smell right in there, lol. My "savings" is usually rendered null and void as I chip away the soft spots (and sometimes whole potatoes) and put them in the, always "baking", lasagna compost out in the garden. I soothe and comfort myself over the loss by reasoning that "at least they aren't completely wasted, they are building the soil!". They will be at the ready for use in all sorts of recipes and some will most likely find their way portioned out and into the freezer.

3)  It rained several days so I didn't have to water outdoor plants or the lawn on those days. I captured rain water in a bucket to water my indoor plants. 

4)  I washed and dried gently used zip close baggies for re-use.

5)  I saved butter wrappers for greasing baking pans to save on my baking spray.

How did your money saving efforts go this week? I would love to hear about them! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

💋xo, 

TJ

No comments: