Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday's Goals~Update and Menu

 
 
 

Friday's Goals

1. raspberries~ freeze the 5 pints I bought on sale for $1 each at Randalls on Wednesday. (I rinse, air dry for a bit on paper towels and then spread out on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet before popping in the freezer for and hour. Then into zip top gallon bags before placing back into the freezer. Some I might use the food saver on for longer storage.

2.  chicken stock~ strain and place chicken stock that I made in the slow cooker from
 carcass of  the baked chicken we had last week. Place into freezer containers and into
freezer. (The one chicken was eaten baked the first night, and then we used some meat in
 a green salad another night. Any bits of chicken that is strained out of the broth will be
a treat for the kitties. OK...and maybe Dollface too.)

3.  vacuum downstairs

4.  oregano, thyme and basil~ cut and prepare for drying. (I just lay herbs out on a flour sack towel lined baking sheet and cover with paper towels so that air circulates but no dust settles on them.)

5. tackle kitchen hotspots~ the table and windowsill by the back door become a catchall for things that need to go out in the garage,garden or recycling bin. ugh...

6.  bathe Dollface~ so `tinky toes can become twinkly toes! (did I hear a puppy "ugh"?)

~bonus (if I can get to it project(s)~

*misc. sewing/mending


Above, I marked through the "to do" items I accomplished. The ones I didn't
complete I will do on Sunday as I set aside Saturdays as a Sabbath/day of
rest/rejuvenation of my mind, body and spirit. My to do lists are by no means the only
things I do for the whole day, they are things that don't fall into my "dailies" category,
such as meal preps, watering plants/lawn/garden, laundry etc.

Speaking of meal preps, I also want to, again, try to remember to keep track of my daily
menus/meal plans here so that when I lose my "what should I cook for dinner" mojo, I
will be able to review menus past for some inspiration. I'll start with today!

Fridays Menu

Breakfast~ scrambled eggs on cinnamon raisin english muffin, coffee (hubby had a slice
 of american cheese on his)

Lunch~ frozen fruit/spinach smoothie (me, hubby didn't want anything)

Dinner~ macaroni & cheese (boxed. We prefer our homemade stovetop version but I had
 a couple of boxes in the pantry and wanted to use them up before they went bad.);
dinner salad, water to drink.

Nothing exciting but nourishing and comforting. And fairly frugal! (Because to be
honest, I was tempted to go pick up burgers for dinner ; D )

Have a great day!~ TJ

 

 

No comments: